Opening Day of baseball is today (officially tomorrow, but the two best teams kick off today against each other and who really cares about the other 28 teams). Opening Day ranks only behind Christmas and my birthday, which happen to fall on the same day, so technically today is my second favorite day of the year. I love opening day the way Drunk Bing loves a Taco Bell drive thru. The Final Four also wraps up on Monday which I personally despise this year for a multitude of reasons including, but not limited to: Duke in the final, Rudy winning the pool, my Kentucky pick getting bounced by the turds in WV, and the fact that a tournament called March Madness ends in April. Completely bush league.
Which brings us to Tuesday and SOM Challenge #3--Bowling. I admit, going forward with the next couple of events makes me a bit quesy. A.) I'm no bowler. B.) I haven't shot a basketball since Outkast was a relevant musical act. C.) These two activities are next. So to say the least, I'm relishing the shit out of this man crown while I have it. Upsets do occur and competitions are played out on the battlefield on not on paper, so anything can happen.
A quick recap of SOM #2
1. Bing....probably the performance of the week. In desperate need of a number one win, Bing fights off booze, distraction and my ace-7 to grab a big 6 points.
2. Z$.....loses a nailbiter to Bing, but climbs to the top of the heap with a strong second place showing and 5 points.
3. Ant...Highlighting why he's been dubbed DJ Darkhorse, Ant keeps outplaying expectations and earns 4 points with a consistent third place showing.
4. Jantz....quite possibly the biggest upset to date. Jantz came into the night as the outright favorite to win and was bounced from the game early in unexpected fashion. His 3 points barely kept him from sliding into third.
5. Peter....First to worst was the story for Pete's second competition. After dominance on the links, he was anything but on the felt. Good thing for him Rudy was absent because I have no doubt we would have seen a 1 instead of the 2 points earned (if you could call it that) Sunday night.
And last but not least. Bingaman's battle with 70 push ups was cut short with our version of a dumbass parachuting into the center of the ring during a boxing match when Molly stepped on Bing's back during his 61st pushup. A rematch is scheduled for the upcoming week. Here now is never before seen video of the event. (notice how 70 pushups began to kick bing's ass in the end)
No comments:
Post a Comment