Soooooooooo. . . Apparently the only way to communicate with fellow man challengers (other than at PF Bistro) is to BLOG! I sent a mass text to everyone expressing my position about this week's NASCAR challenge and got no response (except of course from the Darkhorse)- - and I'm not really sure where to start: First and foremost, the fact that we've rescheduled 25% of our challenges thus far! Yes thats right- myself, Darkhorse, and Jantz were set to undergo the basketball challenge at the "SCHEDULED" time last Sunday, but as understanding, compromising 'MEN' we rescheduled for the other guys. Not only rescheduled, but ENSURED we'd be able to play in MY SCHOOL'S facilities! For me, it was no skin off the nose, primarily because I don't live and die by the SOM calendar. Secondly, because the calendar only gives dates (NOT TIMES). And lastly, because I'd rather see all 6 men participate than anything else (even if it does mean being flexible on time!) And this is the thanks I get?
Continuing on, my ENTIRE day is not consumed tomorrow! I DID plan accordingly for the NASCAR challenge. By this I mean I have the entire evening off for as long as we want to compete (and from my calculation all challenges thus far have been in the evening). Nowhere along the line did anybody mention it was going to be at 1pm!!! So yes I am pulling the "I didn't know it was going to be during the day" card! We, in the "ninja gang", know that a shift during the day traditionally does not consume a giant portion of your time. For this reason, I do not plan on taking off every FULL DAY from work on EVERY Man Challenge day (nor do I expect any of the other men to).
Lastly, it is amazing we will be able to reschedule for a future challenge (ie Jantz academy day) with no questions asked? So where/when/who is deciding what constitutes someone's obligations excusable or not and grounds for reconfigurement of the SOM calendar? Huh commish?
In conclusion, I hope the rest of you MEN, can see the point I've long-windedly tried to convey. And I would bet Bing's supply of NO-Xplode that in the course of the next couple months, we are going to run into this problem more than a handful of times... As expected when trying to coordinate 6 men's schedules (regardless if we did sit down and set a calendar prior to kicking this off!) And like an understanding human being, I will continue to remain flexible with dates and times!
All I'm asking is to have a 'night' NASCAR race, which according to everybody at basketball last week and at work this weekend, that was okay! Even if we have to do it Tuesday (because I know I heard that idea suggested as well!) If not, I would find it hard to render the same respect down the road in return...
Sunday, April 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment